How can I get my husband to see how he treats the kids when his daughter is over for the weekend, he is not the bio daddy to my kids, but the way they are all treated when she is around just ticks me off

she gets by with more, his excuse is she only comes every other week or her mom has runt her, my thoughts, this is my house and all kids should get treated the same, and talk with her mom about the way she behaves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was raised with my mom and stepfather every summer my stepfathers daughter would come for a visit. She was allowed chocolate milk, and I remember feeling really resentful My stepfather was nicer when his daughter was around more fun. Once I found a necklace (a few days before her summer arrival) I was wearing the necklace she told me it was pretty, I said thank you I told her how I found it in the street on my walk home from school. Then she asked me if she could have it, I said no. She ran to my step dad and told him that was her necklace. No questions asked he made me give it to her, I remember my mom telling him that was not right and his answer was it was not my necklace to begin with so his daughter can have it. I started to resent my mother felling like she did not protect me. Thank God my mom divorced him when I was 15 then I was sent to live with my dad yeah!!

Anonymous

• This is pretty typical of homes with multiple broken families forming a family of their own. He treats his daughter better because he loves her more. Period. I'm sorry for your children that they have to experience that, but many American children are going through the same thing because of the choices of their parents. My nephew endures impartial treatment at his father's house by his stepmom and at his mother's house by his stepdad. It's sad to watch, but this is what our society has become.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I'm sure he just wants his daughter to feel special during the little bit of time he has with her. If he's a good stepfather then this is not the end of the world. You get to see your children everyday if they live with you, but if they didn't I bet you'd treat them a little more special regardless of who else was around. Lay off.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 9:52 AM on Feb. 16, 2009