How do you get motivated to start exercising??

I am pretty thin but really need to start exercising and have zero mativation! Please girls what can I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• we go every day but friday.. they have a kids club, our son is 7 months old and he loves going.. my motivation is my mom.. she is paying for it, so as long as she goes, i go cause i'd feel guilty if i didnt.. so its a nice little guilt thing for me..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• You have to realize that if something happens and you're in a life-threatening situation where you need to be able to lift something, run, or carry one of your kids, you won't be able to...

Anonymous

• Start out a little at a time....that's what I did. I would jog infront of the tv when a commercial came on....then build on that.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Find several exercises that you enjoy. Clubs usually have a variety. If you don't really enjoy it you won't stay with it. Start twice a day for 15 minutes a time and build up gradually. Paying to join a club provides motivation since you'll paid the money. If you don't want to do this, then watch exercise programs on TV and do them, or get DVD's, or take classes at the Y or the college. If you can get in a class with a good teacher and other nice people you will make friends and be more motivated. Or get together with a neighbor or two to walk in your neighborhood or share rides to classes. Having someone else that you know along will help motivate you. Then there is the old stand-by of turning on music and dancing and marching around the house. The last TV exericse I watched was belly-dancing and it looked like so much fun and I tried it along with them.

Answer by Bmat at 8:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I am motivated by how good it makes me feel. It is also good to do it with a friend so you have someone to hold you accountable.
    I personally set goals, like I am doing two triathlons. I need to feel like I am working towards that. IT helps me keep on my path to fitness. Better yet I see and feel so good when I say wow I swam a mile today, or when I say I ran on the treadmill. My husband loves when I work out too so I brag to him and he loves it. He gives me loads of support.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Get naked and look in the mirror, that gives me motivation or nausea.
    Anonymous

• Thin is okay, but I would rather be strong. Tell yourself you are making your bones and muscles strong.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 3:49 AM on Feb. 16, 2009