Would you just forget it? (It's the principal of it)

Back in the late 70's my grandma left some land (she had died) to each of her kids 2 acres each kid for cheap X 7
When business was being taken care of for my mom she was 15hrs. away her older sister & her dd took care of it (my mom is the baby of 5 girls) well my cousin called my mom if she could please send her all information they needed to get things rolling and my mom being naive and kind hearted believed everything that was said and sent off all info. Come to find out my aunt lied and said she paid for her half when in reality my mom paid for her half bc my aunt did not have the money at the time and till this day my mom just got screwed out of the money my aunt was suppose to pay but my aunt still says she paid her portion.

We all tell her to just let it go it has been years gone by but she says its not the money ($1,000) it's the way it happened.

Just venting for my mom...I guess though I see it my mom's side I think that was messed up what my aunt & cousin did. Can't trust family anymore :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Money & Work

• Inheritance issues really bring out the worst in people, its just terrible!!!! I agree that it's the principle and what happened wasn't right, but I would let it go for sure, for myself, hanging onto it isn't going to change anything, what's done is done, learn from it and keep it moving, it's too much energy wasted holding onto it, I hope your Mom frees herself from it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• My uncle stole $100,000 of my mom's inheritance. So, nope you can't trust some family members. = (

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• I wouldnt. I agree its not the money its the how it was done.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• The death of a family member for some reason triggers greed and I do not know why. But thei happens more often that you would expect.
    Sad but true.
    If she can let it go it would be best. If not she should confront her sister face to face and get it over with.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• It's not the principal of it. It's the 'principle' of it.
    Anonymous

• Points :(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• It's messed up, but is it worth fighting in your family over a thousand dollars? Probably not.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Its just a thousand dollars. family is worth alot more. Hope they leave it behind them and work to keep their relations stronger.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• @ virginiamama they don't even talk as often as family should isn't that weird?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• id let it go bt thats just me
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2013