What classes can I take online for 6 months and still have a decent job?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2013 in

• Medical assisting?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• On line Pharmacy Technician
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Medical assisting? <<---- IDK... for some reason I think you needed to do some sort of clinical rotation for that too...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• yeah- not Medical assistant - you do have to do clinical
    and be careful with online schools- make absolutely sure they have the proper accreditation for whatever you go for. I was going to do Medical assistant when we were in Utah and it turned out that 3 of the 4 schools I looked into- would have been totally worthless to me, because they did not have the right accreditation for me to get certified when I finished. They were all about the money.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• One of the least expensive accredited online schools around is APUS. It was ranked #22 for best online schools by US News. You start with certificate programs which fit well in a 6-month period. Then, should you have more time, you can apply those credits toward a degree program.

http://www.apu.apus.edu/academic/programs/certificates

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Check with your local community college. The certificate programs here run nine months, can be completed online, and are a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

I know the nine month is a little out of your time frame, but look into it and factor in what you can save and it may be worth it. I just enrolled in a degree program at my local cc, and tution is $579/yr. I'll get almost $6000/yr in Pell grants. Whatever is left over after tuition, fees and books will be dispersed to me.

Most online schools, and private colleges you'll still end up paying money after Pell grants are applied to tution costs.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• As for career choice...consider clinical or medical lab technician. The median income in that field is quite a bit higher than median income in other fields with the same educational backround. And there are all kinds of crazy perks in my State for being employeed in the medical field...like being able to buy a house with 3.5% down instead of 20%.

I just went through all this myself, and after doing all my research I went from wanting a quick certificate to setting a plan to get my BS in medical lab sciences...because I learned I can do it debt free, and it will serve me better in the long-run.

Don't get sucked into the quick fix. It could end-up hurting you more than helping you.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Here are a few: http://referral.careerstep.com/ref21661
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 4:19 PM on Mar. 15, 2013