My boyfriend and I have been dating 6 years

But are pretty much on the verge of breaking up. Or in fact we are breaking up. Well anyhow we live together but he just quit his job and I obviously want out of here, however he wont be able to afford it without me. Soo..stay and sleep on the couch? Or leave and figure he can make it on his own somehow. And how long should I wait for him to get a job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• He's got to be responsible for himself. Why drag it out any longer?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Ok so leave and let him drown?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Why did he quit his job? Is he actively looking for another one? Do you think he would drag it out if he knew that not having a job would make you stay?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Did he just up and quit his job for no reason? Did he quit before or after you decided to leave/
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• you break up
    and you sleep on couch and i assume, pay the bills

my answer is ..not the best idea i have heard today
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• He needs to man up and live within his means.
    He's a big boy. He can find a better job (or an additional job), downsize to a smaller place, conserve electricity or get rid of cable or something to be able to keep a roof over his head.
    Why would you be so concerned? I doubt he'd do the same for you, or you'd still be a couple!
    Or is this your way of not letting go of him?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Let him grow up or like I tell my boys, man up!
    Why on earth would YOU sleep on the couch? Put his ass on the couch!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Who is on the lease? Is there an early termination clause on the lease that will let you out of it for a fee / penalty? If so, how long of a notice do you need to provide them? If there is no early termination clause and you are both on the lease, how much longer until the lease it up? If you are not on the lease, you don't have to worry about paying rent. He should have found another job before quitting the one he had. My guess is that he will probably leave you high and dry with the place and having to pay rent. I would recommend finding a place ASAP if you aren't on the lease and let him figure out how to deal with paying the rent.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• But after so long I feel weird just leaving him hanging

But you don't feel weird staying after he has told you that he will be fine without you, even after being together for 6 years?  

JMO, but I think I would just leave him hanging.  He already said he would be fine.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Well he slept on the couch last night.
    I was thinking that I had to sleep on the couch only because it's his bed that we use.
    Anyway he says he'll be fine without me that he'll figure something out!
    I have not seen him looking that much for a job and he left his email open and I only saw one sent message about an opening

I really don't know, you're right maybe he's planning on using me
    We broke up AFTER he quit

But after so long I feel weird just leaving him hanging

He quit because there were some drug scandals going on and his boss was involved. He did not want to be any part of that. I can understand it. Not to mention gangs went in there all the time to buy cigarettes and crack pipes.
    Dont' ask me why I put up with this. Maybe I should have left a long time ago but wouldn't it be shallow to break up with someone because of their job?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2013