Cradle Cap won't go away....

I leave baby oil in his hair and comb it out at lease twice a week but it always comes back... is there anything i should know on WHY it won't go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IDK... I didn't know it came back once you removed it... ask his doc!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Olive oil
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2013

• Rub a bit of breastmilk into his hair and comb it through.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I was so going to suggest breastmilk too. It is my answer for everything. Before all man made baby products there was only breastmilk. It is the miracle cure all for baby stuff.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• From what heard you shouldn't pick at it or use a stiff comb, but massage it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Leave it. Don't put anything in his hair. No matter what you try you have to wait until it goes away on it's own. Just use baby shampoo when you wash his hair in the bath then dry with a soft towel & gently brush his hair with a soft brush. It's normal & will eventually go away on it's own. Sometimes even by the age of 2. You may be aggravating his scalp & creating more.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• My baby had that and I rubbed baby oil onto his head to soften the cradle cap. After an hour or so I'd wash his hair, scrubbing gently, then I'd rub a small amount of baby lotion into his scalp. I'd wash his hair every other day to keep it away. If you can't get rid of it, a pediatrician can prescribe an ointment. Really, if it isn't that bad, you could probably leave it alone.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I left it with my first kid until SO discovered it and picked every bit of it off his daughter's head. It was awful- turned all pink and irritated.

Cradle cap isn't harmful.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• my child has the same problem...I used petroleum jelly every night nd it went away nd hasn't came back, nd he still has his hair:)
    jecaryousmom27

Answer by jecaryousmom27 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• baby oil wet your babies head let it sit for a 1-2mins use a comb and brush it out, rinse and wash as normal- if it is really bad you can use a pea size amount of adult dandruff shampoo wash like normal and comb through rinse well-It is safe to use 2 times a week.
    I did the baby oil a few days and then did the adult DS last and it cleared up and Never came back.
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2013