I think all Anons in answers are trolls

if you aren't....don't go anon. Simple:)

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2013 in About CafeMom

• it was not always this way in answers- do not believe me, look back to questions from last Summer, many anon answers, but no one was burning all anons as trolls. Were there anon trolling then, sure, always has been always will be, but not the paranoid masses about anon postings that there is today. And less than a year ago, the obvious troll questions or answers were laughed at for the most part and if they were nasty comments, they were scolded for what they are and everyone moved on with their day. There seemed to be that members were banded together by a troll post not torn apart wondering which one among us was a troll. Last few weeks i closed many an old question, laughed at our silliness (that is rare now) and surprised it how anon posts were not the cause for paranoid thinking. Hoping some Spring weather will bring back some common sense and a calm and more pleasant environment.

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• My panties are in a wad, in my hamper.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• In this section and the religion and politics sections, absolutely. There is no reason to use it in any of them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• all trolls are anon (whether they use anon feature or a fake profile- still anon)
    but
    not all anons are trolls

and the mass paranoia that all anons are trolls is making answers nuts (and not in a good nuts way)
    and this frenzied game of finding Waldo the trolls, might just be making some trolls post more, like it is their game, their high 

(imo)

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• but if a question " what is your favorite Disney character" is asked anon
    Q=who really cares?
    A= the anon troll does, it feeds them. answer the anon Q or not, but calling attention to a question as anon just fuels them and makes their game more fun. making a few trolls into a frenzy of a few that post more and more

imo

it is not the troll questions or answers that is making the problem worse, it is the huge amount of attention to the posts
    and what that is doing to all the members that are not trolls. (and the vast majority of members are not trolls), whether they post with a screen name or with the anon option.

continue on.....
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Many, many panties are in a wad. They get wildly upset whenever they see an anon post and then go on witch hunts. It's entertaining on a slow day I suppose.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I disagree. It seems many do abuse the anonymous option to troll and stir the pot. But there are people who are simply trying to get an answer or opinions about an embarrassing or sensitive topic and they go anon to protect their privacy.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Definitely not. There are some questions that are just too personal or embarrassing that you would really like advice on, so you go Anon to post...same with answering questions.

In today's CM Q&A, many posted S/N's are supposedly trolls too. I don't worry about who asked it or who is answering it...if I can answer OP's question, I will...if I can't, I won't.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• For the most part, I agree. But, I can see why it's used in relationships & health.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I think some are and some aren't...

still cannot figure out why people go anon for regular - pointless questions though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2013