Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help me!

me and my fiance have an 8 month old daughter....we have been together 2 1/2 years...i really want to leave him im just scared that his family will take her away from me. I want to leave him i am just terrified that i will lose my daughter. I know his family, and they would do all they can for them to take her away from me.....what do i do? please help me! ps, he's becoming very angry and has grabbed me and pushed me out of the way before. On xmas he was yelling at me and knocked my glasses off of my face, i'm scared...please help!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • If you are that scared then you need to contact a woman's shelter and they will help find you a place to stay. For them taking away your child, in most states and in most cases the judge will side with the mom. Honey for your safety and the baby's safety get out as SOON as you can.

    Answer by coala at 8:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

  • i would leave when he wasnt home. then get a restraining order on him. then go from there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

  • Depending on what state you live in, you have full custody of your daughter since you aren't married. Extended families have NO RIGHTS...unless of course the can PROVE in a court of law that you are an unfit parent....and to me, you dont sound like the unfit parent in the situation. I totally agree with 'coala' who posted above me....for your own safety and your child's...leave ASAP. I watched my dad beat my mom and brothers until Mom left and took us when I was in 4th grade. I still live with the memories and scars. It's not easy. Do not let your daughter think this is a way of life for someone...or that this is how normal relationships are. Please get help as soon as you can. Good Luck.


    Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

  • im in texas...even if he signed the acknowledgement of paternity...i still have rights? i don't drink and he does...however, i did get drunk one time when she was four months old with him and his brother and both of us smoked pot with his scared this will come back on me. I've never done that before in my life until that worried. And i'm also a full time student so i don't work, he pays all the bills....does that make me "unfit"??

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

  • RELAX. I would just get out as soon as you can and preferably when he isn't home. No you are not unfit b/c you smoked one time and got drunk one time. They have to prove you unfit and yes you still have rights. He also has rights, but if you get a restraining order after you leave it will def help your case. I wish you all the luck.

    Answer by coala at 8:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

  • Understand this, no one can take your child away from you unless you are abusive or neglective. As long as you are not doing drugs or hitting you baby then you should have to worry.

    Answer by Ihatelaundry at 10:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

  • I echo the others plus document any behavior that you can. Video camera, recording device, pictures, even just keep a diary or email trail to a family member when violent behavior happens. Not working does not make you unfit but if you are going to leave him you will have to find some other way to support you all. But, being a full-time student will certainly not make you so.

    Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.