What would you do if a 7ish-8ish year old tackled and punched your 4 year old at the park?

We were at a new playground yesterday and my son picked up a ball that someone had left laying on the ground. Seconds later this older kid ran over and literally tackled my son to the ground and grabbed the ball from him (my son said the kid spit on him too but I didn't see that and he didn't have spit on him anywhere). Anyway the kid's parent was nowhere to be seen (surprise) so I told him if he touches my son again I'll find his parents personally and since my son wasn't hurt I brushed him off and he was fine. Now, the kid didn't punch my son, but it got me to thinking what I would have done if he would have literally started beating my kid up. I would have had to fight the urge to drop kick the bugger over the fence and into the street but in all honesty I probably would have called the police. What would you have done? I've never experienced such hostility with another kid and my son.

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would have been going to jail for whooping his ass, I'm sorry!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I would have been in his face. If he had punched my child, I would have removed him from my child and made him stay with me while I called police. Parents these days are waaaay to busy to deal with their kids, that's why we see the violence we do from bullying at an extreme level to shootings. It's easier to laugh and look the other way than to discipline and make the child mad. I would have stuck up for my child, no question. What a punk!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2013