Quad screener

Has anyone had a false positive on the quad screener?? Mine came back for possible Trisomy 18.

nanjo33

Asked by nanjo33 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't heard of it before but there is always a possiblity. When you talk to the doc about it ask if there are other markers that you can watch for. Most babies with Trisomy 18 don't make it. I am sorry if that upsets you but it is the honest truth. I really hope that it is a false positive because I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through that.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• A friend of mine on another message board tested false positive for it. He was born 2 weeks ago and is healthy and happy. I often wonder just how often it is wrong.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• A good friend's baby was thought to have it, but after the 3d ultrasound, it was found to be a false positive. Sometimes the tests can be wrong. See a specialist & hope for the best. My cousin received the same news & is waiting for her next appointment. Good luck
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I heard false positives are very high my friend had one and her baby girl was born very healthy good luck and don't stress too much
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I know lots of moms that had false positives. I didn't even bother with the test since I wouldn't have aborted anyway.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's not a false positive.. It's a screening test that gives you a 1 out of number... and yes even if you get a 1 out of 100,000 chance the screen will come positive! This is why I opted out of screening tests!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 16, 2009