Anyone currently or in the past been a Correctional/Detention Officer in a County Jail?

I've interviewed for a position in my County Jail for Correctional/Detention Officer. I go back for my 3rd interview on Tuesday. What do you think about this job...Pro's and Con's?...no punn intended..lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• The best advice I've been given is that don't befriend inmates. If an inmate wants to tell you he/she's innocent (as if they all are), just say that the decision was already made. It takes a lot to convict someone. They are found guilty, that's the final word. Oh yeah, never trust an inmate.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 9:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I was not. I have a "friend" that was. She had to quit because on of the inmates was released and hunted her down... She had to go in to hiding... She had a really hard time... She was attacked more than once while on the job and took a lot of harassment from the male guards...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:35 AM on Feb. 16, 2009