What is the best GPS for around $150.00?

I dont know alot about what features to look for or anything so any info would help

WifeandMommy266

Asked by WifeandMommy266 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Shopping

• We have a Garmin (I think that's how you spell it). It was $400+...let me tell you...it sucks. I don't know of any for less...or at least we didn't see any when we bought ours. If it's cloudy or raining...it doesn't work at all. We learned our lesson, after getting lost in downtown Atlanta, to always print directions off google maps or something, just in case (which almost defeats the purpose of the GPS..lol). I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you....just telling you my experience with a GPS.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I hate Garmins. I have a Tom Tom One I think it is and I love it. I think I paid around 150 for it too.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• HAHA...I think my husband would crap his pants if he knew there was a cheaper GPS that actually worked.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• lol, my parents had a garmin that we used to borrow and that POS was always taking us on the scenic route through the ghetto.

When we finally decided to get one ourselves I researched the heck out of them and Tom Toms seemed like the best deals. Heck I've even seen the one I have on sale for 99. My parents went out and bought one not long after seeing ours :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Here's one http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10670232

I think that may even be the one I have.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yep, I have a tom tom and it works just fine. Never had a problem with it losing signal or anything. I don't remember exactly how much it was, but I don't think it was more than $150
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 1:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• not sure try talking to best buy or abc warehouse or even radio shack....
    mommie018

Answer by mommie018 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009