SO I got a new laptop and now I'm suspicious it's a lemon...how do you know?

This could be that I'm a computer idiot, completely. I suck at tech stuff but all day this new Samsung, 8 GB, 1TB, Intel Core 7 processor is having these problems at two days old:
Internet freezes, computer restarts in the middle of stuff with no explanation and tells me to send info to Microsoft, iTunes freezes, WDF violation twice so again restarts, internet not responding, the page moves up and down while I type. It does this in word and also sometimes when I'm trying to type in the google search.

It has nothing on it. Three old files, iTunes, Firefox, Norton antivirus from Comcast.

Do I have an 800 dollar lemon or is this stuff normal for a new computer? Please tell me if I should return it.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 8:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2013 in Technology

• Norton is a type of virus in and of itself. It can worm its way into the kernel (brain) of your computer and make it impossible for you to completely get rid of it. I have Avast. It's free and is highly recommended.

I'm with Crafty too. If it's under warranty take it back and get it fixed or replaced.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Get rid of Norton.

What OS is it?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I agree with getting rid of Norton first and foremost.

The internet freezing....could be the computer, could be your internet connection. The page moving up and down by itself - are you used to using the touchpad on a laptop, and was your old one super sensitive? If it wasn't super sensitive, and this new one is, you may be used to your hands lightly touching the touchpad, and it's setting this one off.

The other stuff, though, doesn't sound normal to me. I would probably be taking it in to get it looked at.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• is it under warranty?? Take it in an make them fix it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Doesn't sound good.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Windows 8
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Thanks you guys. I've gotten a new one, returned the old. page still moves up and down a bit. we'll see. The Norton is really bad huh? Shit, I already installed it on this. I guess I can uninstall it?
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• sounds odd
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2013