What amazing feats have your pets accomplished?

A friend mentioned her cat chewing through the grocery bag to get the catnip, and it reminded me of my cat I had 15 years ago.

Bear loved jerky. I'd give him a tiny bit when I had it. I made some once,and put it in a covered bowl and put it on the counter. Bear got into it,so I put it high on a cupboard shelf where I ASSUMED her couldn't get it.
I heard a bang one night,and saw him run past with a piece in his mouth and thought WTH??
I put it back,and hid and watched him. He jumped on the stove,then to the counter on the opposite wall. With his paw he pulled the cupboard door open,then stood on his back legs so he could reach up to pull himself up onto the shelf,then climbed the cupboard like a ladder,and reached up to knock the bowl to the floor where it broke open,then he jumped down and grabbed a piece and ran for the hills,lol

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2013 in Pets

• My dog yanked me out of the path of an oncoming light rail train one wet, snowy day while I was commuting home from the city. I couldn't believe how strong she was! I learned something valuable that day--never follow a couple of yung men of theoretically sound mind across the train tracks instead of stopping to listen for yourself. They may be trying to beat the train, in which case, they'll beat it and you won't. I had a split second to wonder if I should let my dog go so she could get away, and then she pulled me back so hard it spun me 180 degrees, facing the way I had come.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• My dog managed to fall while pooping today, into her own poop & mud. That bath was fun
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:15 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Mine are more stories of cheating death...

We had a fish that somehow managed to get out of the 10 gallon aquarium that we had. Came home from work and he wasn't in there. He was on the floor behind the stand that the tank stood on just lying there. Put him back in the tank and he was good.

Had a kitten that had a metal heart name tag. Noticed one day that the bottom tip of the heart was black. A few days later we saw one of our wall outlets and realized why...she somehow got the end of the tag in the outlet and it had to have given her a heck of a shock! She died last year 15 years old, so not thinking it hurt her health at all.

Had a cat that was diagnosed with CRF (kidney failure) in 2002 at the age of 6. She was so far gone that the vet said she had 2-6 weeks at most to live. She died in 2011 at the age of 14...just days before the 9th year anniversary of when she got the diagnosis.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:36 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• LOL That's funny.
    My desert tortoise Jack managed to survive more than 24 hours underwater in a flooded burrow last fall. I don't know how he lived. He must have been able to find an air bubble and tread water. His body temperature was so cold, too. It's amazing that he survived.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:54 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• We used to keep the cat food in a popcorn tin. Psymon figured out that all he had to do to open it was to knock it over. 'Hug' the bottom half of it with his front legs and use his back feet to kick the lid off. You have to hide shit from this cat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:55 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• My dog is laying in the closet back in the far bedroom. He is so talented that I can smell his farts out here in the living room.... Ugh.......................................................................................
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:01 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• My dog can lick her cooch for HOURS!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2013