Free and inexpensive advertising ideas...

I just signed up with Avon and am looking for some free and inexpensive ideas for advertising. I don't mind spending a little money to advertise but I am looking for some ideas that are different from just posting flyers everywhere. Any ideas?

charleyangel317

Asked by charleyangel317 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 4, 2013 in Money & Work

• Make your own facebook page for starters
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Facebook is the cheapest start you can have. If you're a churchgoer, you might be able to get an ad in the church bulletin. Craigslist ads are free too.

But I know that the times I've purchased from Avon, it was as simple as the catalog showing up on my doorstep. Haven't seen a catalog in years, though... do they still print them? If you get them, you could also see about leaving them at businesses like locally-owned clothing shops or salons (as long as they don't sell competing products).

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I saw one the other day where a lady stapled a few business cards to a catalog and left it at the place I got my oil changed. There is a site that does cheap business cards that I used to get emails from all the time, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called!! Ladies...help me out!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• It's probably Vistaprint. I got 250 business cards there for under $10. It's a bit more if you have the company design your logo and such, but if you have a template, the price is very reasonable.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Printup some flyers with the numbers you can detatch. Go apartments and ask the managers if you can put them on the doors or in the shared area bulletin board. Some will let you leave a curent catalog in the waiting area of the office,
    See if you can post on bulleting boards at banks and grocery stores and eateries.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• The Avon lady near here puts a catalog on everybody's driveway/doorstep. Sometimes she throws them out of her car and sometimes she walks around and puts them at the door.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• How about passing out business cards at the local community colleges, You can also maybe have a meet and greet see who your customer base is, have a party where everyone brings someone new to avon serve tea and cookies, Have a makeup party and show them what Avon can do for them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• With Avon, you can just pass out books, can't you? There are many businesses I've been to that always have Avon books laying out for employees to order from. See if you can drop your books at a business or two....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Thanks for all of the great ideas ladies. I really appreciate it.
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• facebook, adverts in windows
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2013