Item Preservation

I have a small item that is pretty insignificant, but has a great deal of sentimental value. I want to preserve it, but I am not sure how to do it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to protect and preserve it?

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 10:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• That would depend on what it is. Fabric is different than a photograph, which is different than metal, which is different than wood....
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• The item is a lighter, plastic
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Since it is niot stated what type of items I am guessing you do not wish to do anything tothe item itself.
    I would suggest a shaddow box (any craft store can hook you up with one.) use acid free paper to line the inside of the box you can fasten an item to the back wall o susspend it or have it sit upon the shelf. Someone at the craftstore might point you towards book or offer ideas,.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• it is an actual lighter made out of plastic
    MChildressDem

Comment by MChildressDem (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• If you want to see it as well as preserve it, Dardenella's shadow box idea is a good one. If you don't want to display it, look for small metal box or tin and line it with some sort of cushion. I would head to the craft store and hunt around.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2013