I'm looking for some good resources

We've both heard that since she has PCOS with insulin resistance and that she's technically morbidly obese can make it very hard for her to breastfeed. She's low vision so I was looking for sources for her that we might be able to read together or on the computer so she can make the print much larger.
Any info on this is good. (ask your doctor is not info and yes this is the same friend from earlier,she has strange priorities for me to look up. )

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:26 PM on Mar. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• I have PCOS and was able to successfully breast feed 3 babies with no issues. I have never heard about breast feeding issues and PCOS. I would have her doc test for the hormone that aids in lactation and go from there.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:37 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Contact your local Le Lache League They are very supportive and have a wealth of knowledge. IMO if anyone can give you answers, they would be the ones. They should be in your phone book
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:40 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• Why do you care SO much about this person who cares so little for herself? She chooses to be this way, she chose a birthing plan that was highly dangerous for her AND her baby... If you are that concerned you should probably call CPS.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• @PartyGalAnne We've been friends for over 10 years and in that time she has quit smoking, drinking and pot. She's Hawaiian native with a strong family history of diabetes. So she is doing her best as far as I can tell to make this a healthy pregnancy.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I don't know about diabetes or PCOS, but there should be a program on your friend's computer if she's running Windows that allows her to make any text much larger on her screen. Have her go to All Programs on the Start Menu,then to Accessories, then to Easy Access or Accessibility.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• We've seen some moms with PCOS have supply difficulties over on the breastfeeding moms group, but they can be overcome. I agree that La Leche League will be an important resource here.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Wait. Didn't I just read a question saying she didn't know if she was pregnant or not?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I got a call, she is so I should take it down.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 4:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2013