Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to word/write a statement saying I don't work for my daughters school?

I am trying to enroll my daughter into preK. The school says that they need a notarized statement saying that I do not have earned income. I'm having trouble wording it right and am not totally sure how to write it. So if anyone has any advice on how and what to write that would be great thanks

Answer Question

Asked by mlg87ok at 1:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Money & Work

Level 7 (153 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • That's not something you write yourself, it's something you get printed out from the unemployment office. They give you a sheet with your work history for the past year, which, if you don't work, is blank, but dated and official and stamped by the U/E office.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 1:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

  • I'd simply type up or write a simple statement saying "I do not have earned income". Sign and Date.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

  • Do you have another source of income, such as SSI? If so, the proof of income from that source will be sufficient. Show your award letter from TANF or SSI, or your unemployment award.

    Answer by Ballad at 1:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

  • Just simply write something like:

    As of March 4, 2013, I am not employed.

    Take to your bank and they'll notarize it for free.

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

  • O would go with NP's suggestion.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

  • Ask them if they have a sample letter. Copy it precisely.

    Or maybe they will take your tax return from last year.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

  • what allkeeley said

    Answer by san78 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.