Has anyone had an endometrial ablation? Can you give me the pros/cons of it?

I'm going to have that done or the cryoablation done. I'm talking to my doctor today about it and then scheduling it. I'm just wondering what your experiences were.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Health

• Pro
    NO MORE PERIODS!!!! YAY!!! I didn't even have any PMS symptoms

Con
    It hurts like hell no matter how numb they try to make you.
    Very comfortable
    You bleed for like a month

But its only painful during the procedure and a couple days afterward and that's it. I had it done a year ago in April and I don't regret it and haven't had any problems.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I had a hydrothermal ablation, and I was knocked out for it so I had no pain.
    All pros here. I did it back in 2009, and I might spot for a day or two every now and again, but I don't get periods or pain.
    I did not bleed at all after the procedure itself. I had cramping that day and that was it. I felt like a million bucks the next day.
    There are lots of different ways to do an ablation, and I loved the hydrothermal.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Oh BTW, I have heard good things about most types of ablations EXCEPT for the Novasure. Don't let them do that kind. It's not as effective and there is a much bigger chance of complications.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I had the Novasure ablation and I have had zero problems. No bleeding, no more cramps, no more clotting,and it's lessened my PMS symptoms. (still get headaches and cravings, but I'm not as bitchy!)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2013