i have an 1 nonth old nd he seems to get very fusses at nite i am bout to return back to work working 10 hour shifts nd he sleeps alday day nd cry alot at nite he dnt wont the bottle or his binky wat should i do?

jecaryousmom27

Asked by jecaryousmom27 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• going crazy

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Sounds like colic

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Wake him up throughout the day. Don't let him sleep longer than 2 hours at a stretch in the daytime. Wake him up to feed him, change his clothes, go for a ride in the stroller, etc. He will start to sleep longer stretches at night if he isn't sleeping all day.

Answer by missanc at 12:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Try to keep him awake during the day if you can, at least some. Play music, take him out in the sunshine, help get his schedule turned around. Many babies are born wanting to sleep all day and be up at night.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• the reason I feel he has his nights nd day mixed up is because I work swing shifts....ugh for two weeks I will b on night an the other two I will n on days....he is only n daycare for two weeks the his with me while I work nights
    jecaryousmom27

Comment by jecaryousmom27 (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I think sunlight has a lot to do with it. "They" say that you should never make a baby's room dark with curtains, and let the natural light come in. But then again, "they" are only right 50% of the time.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Honestly, this will work itself out. I don't think there is anything you can do. He is so young. Give home a few months to straighten out a bit. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• It's very common for babies to have their days/nights mixed up. What is his schedule at daycare, can you keep the same one at home? Routine is good for babies.

Answer by missanc at 8:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2013