Why can't you ask a simple question without someone....

being a smart a$$ or questioning you in a rude way?

I asked a question about conception wanting to know if I could figure out the date (day) we conceived by my due date and someone said.."9-10 months earlier...." Well no sh*t! Like I didn't know that! Then someone else was like "What does it matter now anyway?" Like I'm not suppose to be curious about it! Maybe I just want to know? Why do you question my motives? It's none of your business! Some others were helpful and helped me understand it more and thanks BTW. I'd like to know if it makes you happy to be sarcastic, or you get off on trying to make someone feel dumb? Or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It never ceases to amaze me how, if these people were sitting in your home, right across from you, & you asked that same question, they'd NEVER be so rude, but because they're hiding behind a computer screen, somehow they're much more brave. If everyone would just treat people the way they'd want to be treated (remember the Golden Rule?), then this site would be much better. So sorry you've experienced such rudeness.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• People get irritated when they're answers you can look up yourself. There are lots of free online calculators that will tell you.
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel I asked a question about me not having a period in 6 months but I feel like im starting to get pregnancy symptoms and I don't have a ''missed period'' to go off of so i don't know if or when i should test and i got a smart a*s question too! Its not like I said "I was supposed to start my period today am I pregnant?"
    Anonymous

• some of the ladies on here just have to be rude. something funny, my hubbs can tell you the conception date of both our kids. he knew i was pregnant both times before i even did, when i told him he says " i know, i was waiting for you to tell me"
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Well if they are getting so frustrated wouldn't it make more sense to suggest the calculator? Like everyone knows there are online calculators that do that! No, they don't. I'm sure a lot of people don't know that...To me it didn't sound like anyone was frustrated because of that anyway, It sounded like they just wanted to be smart asses..
    Anonymous

You're absolutely right.
    Anonymous

• Or even better...Seeing how I asked that question and "supposedly" someone is frustrated because I didn't just look it up myself, using an online calculator they could have either A. Suggested it. B. Looked it up and said something like: "According to the online calculator it says you conceived ____"
    I've did that before when people asked about ovulation, and I've referred to some people a site they can use to track ovulation. How hard is that? But like I said, I don't really think that was the case anyway because if it was, surely someone would have said something smart like " Umm That's what online calculators are for, you shouldn't be asking us!"
    Anonymous

• Um, I was the one who asked why does it matter now. But I also said that it depended on a lot of things like if the baby was full term. I seriously was not trying to be mean or sarcastic in any way. I just worded the last part wrong. I wanted to know why you were wondering now, after the fact. You didn't give much info in your question and some people may have thought was a joke. Others just were being mean I suppose, but I was just asking questions. Excuse me if I offended you.

Anonymous

• I was asking because I knew that it had to be close to my husbands birthday and I thought It would be really cool if it was...Now that I've looked in to the calculator it says I conceived on Novemver 9th. 2 weeks prior to that, on the 27th of October we had sex (So, that's how it all began), which is a day before DH's birthday! I was also trying to see if I got pregnant when I was ovulating, very fertile or when I was least fertile. It just interested me. Thank You for clarifying that and yes, My due date was very precise. I even knew my exact last menstrual period. I wrote it down, but that paper is somewhere in my house.
    Anonymous 9:54, I'm guessing you were the smart ass that replied to my question. It sounds like it.
    Anonymous

• well honestly how are we spoused to know? thats something you should know.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2009