Tween girl drama..... what to do?

I can not keep up with who my daughters friends are. This is the first year that I notice that my daughter and her friends will get into a "fight" and my daugher will be very upset because she has been mistreated in some way and several days later all of the girls are friends again. It is driving me crazy. I can no longer tell if she is having a "real issue" or not. She still doesn't take any responsibility in any of the bickering that takes place.... is all this just part of the tween years?

momsfaith63

Asked by momsfaith63 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Parts of being a teen and the puberty stage
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Hell, sometimes I think my daughter's doing that and she just turned five! Is this what I have to look forward to?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• My best friends & I did that from like 5-18 lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Totally normal for girls mom. It will be that way from now on... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:47 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• It was bad at the tween age, but seems to have leveled out as a teen. She also has a nicer bunch of friends, so that helps, too. I think she makes more of an effort not to engage in the small dramas that can get blown out of proportion. I am seeing she's a bit more mature about that sort of thing.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 4:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I say stay out of everything, this is how they learn relationship building, as long as her "friends" are not going down the wrong path, let her work it out herself.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• That's part of it. Usually one girl gets jealous that one girl isn't HER best friend, she's someone else's best friend, so they try to get them back.
    All of my friends and I are still good friends EXCEPT for the one girl who was always the instigator of all this.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Normal...
    middle school was the worst for my daughter... ( as far as changing friends, spats, bullying...)
    I think for the most part, you have to let them work it out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• oh no !!! Thanks for all of your input. I guess if this is just "NORMAL" , I'm not sure I want any part of it.... ok, Maybe it will be me that needs help. I guess I'll just stay out of the drama and be greatful she is "normal". I can hardley wait for the boys to be thrown into the mix..... Will I make it throughe this s a sane woman? Thanks for the support.
    momsfaith63

Comment by momsfaith63 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• You'll make it through okay.... (Just take lots of Prozac) : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2013