Will I be charged?

I'm in the middle of a divorce. I went to the doctor this morning and also had an ultrasound. Well my soon to be ex husband just called and told me he just cancelled my insurance. He is the policy holder so there's nothing I can do. Will I be billed for the services or will insurance still cover them since I was still insured by them at the time the services were performed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Health

• You should still be covered until the effective termination date.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I don't know if he can do that...?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Staciandababy- what do you mean, like he isn't allowed to?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Call the insurance company and find out if you have any options. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• You should talk to your attorney about him having to provide insurance for your pregnancy and then for the baby once he / she is born.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Legally he cannot make any changes during divorce proceedings until a judge has given you a final decree.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Call the insurance company. Normally you can't just stop covering someone in the middle of an insurance cycle. You sign up for insurance once a year. There are specific criteria for changing dependents in the middle of that year. You can call the insurance company and find out.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• More than likely you are covered through the end of the month. I would just call the customer service number on the card and ask.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• CALL your lawyer ASAP!!!!!!!! He's not supposed to cancel you like that.... you can get an emergency order forcing him to re-instate it!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I think he's just working you over, because you usually can't add or drop coverage in the the middle of the year, or the middle of the divorce, for that matter. Make a call to the insurance carrier and also to your lawyer.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2013