Interesting implications--A man claims a woman took his sperm without asking.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/02/layne-hardin-sperm-toby-devall_n_2796503.html

Layne Hardin of Louisiana has filed a lawsuit in Harris County, Tex. against a sperm donation clinic and his ex-girlfriend, Toby Devall, claiming that Obstetrical and Gynecological Associates' sperm bank failed to provide proper safeguards to keep Devall from stealing Hardin's baby-making material.

ABC News reports that Hardin and another now ex-girlfriend, Katherine LeBlanc, originally signed a contract in 2002 with Texas Andrology Services sperm bank that said only LeBlanc could have access to Hardin's freeze-dried specimen, according to the lawsuit.

Hardin then went on to date Devall. After the couple broke up in in 2011, Devall got the sperm bank to hand over Hardin's sperm "no questions asked," according to Hardin's lawyer.

Devall now has a 2-year-old son who Hardin has never met, but genetic tests show is his child, Devall's lawyer told KHOU.

Hardin could now be on the hook for child support, but that's not the worst part, he told KHOU.

"It don't stop when he's 18," Hardin said. "This is forever. This ripple effect affected me and my family. When he gets old enough and realizes how he was brought into this world, then his ripple effect starts."

The sperm donation clinic declined to comment to both ABC and KHOU.

The BBC reports that a similar case popped up in 2011 when Joe Pressil of Texas filed a lawsuit against his ex, claiming she took his sperm without asking

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok, I know this lady is a little crazy (after all, she stole her ex's sperm to hav his kid), but I wonder if the first girlfriend ever used the sperm. If she did, did she gt pregnant? Was it before or after they broke up? If after, why is he not bitching about that child?
    This whole situation could have been avoided had he simply gone back to the sperm back after him and gf #1 broke up and had the sperm disposed of. Then, they never would have ben available for gf #2 to get ahold of.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I guess he should have thought of that when they broke up. Sad for the child,but hopefully the child's father will get his head out of his ass and just love his child instead of seeing him as a lawn in her game. He has the power to have a good relationship with is son.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I guess he should have thought of that when they broke up.
    the contract stated it was for the first GF not the second.

Seriously hope the Bank has to pay ALOT of money!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Ahh, I missed that it was a different girlfriend. I would think the fact that she got it from the sperm bank would let him off the hook. I agree, the bank should be responsible.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:23 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I would say it depends on the exact wording of the contract with the sperm bank. If the wording names thepossible recipient BY name then yes they are liable and rightfully so. If it merely states "girlfriend" well then Hardin was a moron. In either case I do not think he should be responsible for child support.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Sperm stealing tart!! lol.....OMG whats next??
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2013