Why have concerts on school nights if your primary fanbase is under 15?

People in the UK are throwing a fit because Bieber had a concert last night and was late getting on stage (he says less than an hour, fans say 2 hours).  A bunch of people left before it started because it was a school night.

So why have a concert for someone like Bieber on a school night to begin with?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Entertainment

• Scheduling and venue.
    Kind of like why Jeff Dunlap plays in a sports arena when his act is better suited to a theater.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• But why? Tour in South America when it's summer there and North America when it's summer here. In between, only do weekends.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Teh better question is what kind of parent buys Bieber tickets for their kid KNOWING it's a school night......
    an even better question is what sane parent buys Bieber tickets for their kid period but I'm trying to stay relevant to the topic.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I was just going to say EXACTLY what Kristi just said!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Are you being serious? because sometimes I miss your silliness.

Ok- in regards to concert promotions. The band generally starts their tour where their ticket sales will be the highest. They then attempt to stay where they will make the most amount of money in the least amount of time with the least amount of traveling. Remember most major concert stages takes 12 hours of set up (dont forget sound checks and rehearsals).

This why a concert isnt scheduled for NY and then Ca. and then i.e. Va.

And Again, scheduling. The band has to make sure the US dates line up with consecutive dates around the globe.

So the concert would actually lose money to only play on non- school nights (based on locale) and they would also have
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• well- the kid will miss one day if they stay home after a concert...I mean really how many do kids go to in a year anyhow?!

I don't think they are *that concerned. I'm sure they sell enough tickets on school days that it makes no difference to them. I know if it were someone I wanted to see, and my chances of doing so came around once every say...2 years, I would sacrifice a day of work or school or whatever to go...or just suck it up and go tired the next day
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I have to agree with Kristi on this one! Eeeww!

But then, I suppose he can't just tour on weekends, or he won't make money.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• No matter what he can at least get to the venue on time when he knows is fan base is full of tweenies who fall asleep at 8pm most nights. What a spoiled brat he is turning out to be!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2013