should i be concern my two year old daughter had a must smell under her arms what should i do

Me and her dad was playing around with her one day he goes to make a fart noise under her arm and notice she has a musty smell Igave her a bath but the next day she was musty again now iwe have 3boys also our oldest 2 are 6and 7 and both have been wearing deodorant for a year no is this normal

my4babies89

Asked by my4babies89 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would look at what she was wearing in between baths. Was she overdressed? Was the fabric breathable? While a two year old can get funky from time to time if they need a bath, if it's happening ALL the time, I'd suspect that there's excessive sweating going on, or bacteria trapped in some clothes, because little kids' sweat isn't supposed to be good food for sweat-producing bacteria.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Thanks see that what my concern was the chemicals in food because she take a bath all the time she's alittle diva lol
    my4babies89

Comment by my4babies89 (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Babies can get funky just like you can. If she is playing. Or over dressed. Kids sweat too.

Answer by louise2 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Why are your two older ones wearing deodorant at such young ages? THAT is not normal, either!
    Anonymous