How important is the length of you hair to your beliefs and religion?

Do you like yours really long? Or do you prefer to cut it short? Does it matter any to your beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've always had longer hair because I liked it, but nothing to do with my beliefs. My sister, however, is a member of the United Pentecostal Church and no longer cuts her hair (she been with this church for 5 yrs). She said its not a salvation requirement but is expected if a woman wants to serve like as a teacher or choir member or anything else in front of the church. I just recently cut my hair (I'm Baptist) because it was driving me crazy. I thought I wanted it long since I'm not working but I changed my mind. I cut over 10 inches. It's shoulder length now. My sister's hair is past her waist but she keeps it neatly and creatively up all the time.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• nobody decides but me how my hair should look.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• i have med length hair...its the easiest to put up without being heavy. i have crappy hair and im working up the courage to get a pixie cut this summer.

hair means nothing in my beliefs. its just dead cells
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Makes no diffverence in my religion, except that we women cover our hair, so it's easier to put on a scarf or wig with shorter hair. I usually have it shoulder length, but I'm in desperate need of a haircut now!
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• love it both ways, yes it is directly connected to mah buleefs.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I have long hair, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with my religious beliefs. I just like it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Nope. Not relevant.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• There is no correlation between the length of my hair and my religion. Recently I cut 14 inches off and donated to Locks of Love. My hair WAS long enough I could sit on it, it's still below my shoulders but is really short to me. I'll probably grow it out again and cut it again in a couple of years.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Thank the GODS I'm a Pagan and don't have to worry about such trivial shit like if my hair is the correct length to please Deity.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Nope, I ave had mine all different lengths and styles. It make no difference what so ever
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2013