In more schools are stupid news: PA school goes on lockdown for Fresh Prince ringback tone

The news report

Ignoring for a moment the idiocy of ordering a lockdown over a ringback tone instead of, say, having the police CALL IT and confirm what it actually says ("shootin some b-ball outside of the school"), 3 issues/questions I have with this report.

1) it's a ringback tone - and the student has a speech impediement.  The reporter tries to make it sound like his speech impediment altered what Will Smith sang.

2) At the end the reporter says the student has "learned his lesson".  WTF lesson does someone learn from that - that the receptionist at the school clinic's office is an idiot?

3)If the reporter is REALLY stupid and it was a voice mail message instead of a ringback tone like everyone else says, and it was the kid singing the song himself (makes no sense, but ok), are they suggesting his lesson was that people with speech impediments shouldn't record vm messages?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• That's the dumbest thing I've heard all week.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Absolutely, completely, ridiculously, fucking STUPID!!!

LMAO at holding the "Fresh Prince" as an accomplice.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• tnm, you reminded me of this pic. I got it off of George Takai's facebook. I think it fits.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Rosehawk I saw that today and copied it!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• This is rediculous I'd be so pissed if I was this child's mother. I'd make it very clear there was no lesson learned other than how stupid this school is.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• what is the world coming to?
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 11:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• PGA, he posts a lot of things that crack me up. Some I even remember to save.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Think of it this way -- the quick action of the receptionist in calling 9 1 1 undoubtedly saved countless lives! Give her a freakin medal of bravery or something. Make her feel validated, for goodness sake, before she starts feeling ignored or something. She has proven what a &*^@$@&$ she is.

The student did nothing wrong,
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2013