Do you know anyone that has had CPS called on them? adult content

What was it for? Was the report legit?
My SIL had them called on her twice
The 1st time,it was because her neighbor called the Health Dept because her backyard was covered in dog shit. She had 2 dogs and they went all over the lawn during the winter,and she never picked it up. Come spring,and the snow thawed,and the shit liquified and spread all over the lawn. The smell was horrendous. When they came to give her the report,the overwhelming smell of cat piss coming from inside the house,and the fact that they saw she had 2 small kids inside,made them call CPS.

The second time was when my nephew had his lead test done at 1 year old. His levels were WAY off the charts,so CPS did a house check. The house was littered with dog and cat shit and piss,so they ordered the kids to have further tests. The baby's tests came back that he had high levels of FECAL matter in his bloodstream,so he must have been eating it....

Both times they made her clean up. The kids were never taken,but they should have been.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• why the hell wouldn't they take the kids? that is fucking disgusting. they could atleast have charged her for neglect.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Gross.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• :'(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Yep. DD's BMom had CPS called on her and her then fiance back in October 2011. Not 100% sure of everything, but was told by her mom that the neighbors called because BMom and fiance kept fighting...and it would get very loud apparently. At the time their sons were 18 months and 3-1/2 years and they were both taken from them. Took 1-1/2 years of them doing close to nothing to get the boys back before they gave up guardianship to family (older went to her parents; younger went to his grandparents).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• That's nauseating, Butterfly! Poor kids!

I had CPS called on me once. It was an ex friend of mine who tried to ruin my life because she didn't approve of the fact that I'd had a baby by a married man. Not approving might have been understandable, but she told such an outrageous story to CPS that even the social worker was skeptical. I had one home visit, after which the social worker and the two police officers she'd brought along shook hands with my boyfriend and me and apologized for wasting our time. We got a report by mail calling the charges unfounded, and closing the case.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• What the Fuck is wrong with her and your brother!!

Those poor babies!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• I had CPS called on me because my daughter who has seizures and wears a helmet, didn't have her helmet when I sent her to school. She left it at her father's and I was in the process of getting it and taking it to the school when the social worker arrived at my house. She lectured me about always making sure I send the helmet then she had to inspect my house and decided to call all of my daughters doctors and therapists to make sure I was taking her to all her appointments and such. 6 months later the case was closed because the claim of neglect was unsubstantiated.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 11:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Yes my mom called them on me. she had control issues and she did not want me to get away from her control .
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2013

• Eleven year ago we were living in my MIL rental home after her death to clean it out. We planned on being there at least a month. She had prepaid the rent. Neighbors called saying they knew there was a child in the home but they never seen him outside or the parents do anything with him. He is also special needs and cannot handle being in the cold,she died Dec.6th and we live in Ohio. We proved there was a death,case was closed but were also told that if the death had not occured and we were just keeping DS in the home we would have been charged with social neglect. I asked so if he was typical and did not allow him to go to a birthday party we could be in trouble and the answer was yes b/c we were keeping him from his peers.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 2:34 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• My ex called them on me twice. Once for neglect and once saying my husband was molesting the kids. Both times were unfounded. Personally I'm expecting him to try it again.

Answer by missanc at 5:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2013