yelling??

when i get overwhelmed, or stressed, i yell. and i feel super bad about it.

How do i change???
Does anyone know if the book i think its called scream free parenting (or somthing) does it work?? I want to change. NO...
I NEED to change.

please help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Bad to yell.
    pinkbubblegumme

Answer by pinkbubblegumme at 10:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yes. i know that. thats why i'm asking for help?? does that make sence?
    Anonymous

• I haven't tried it, but here's the website for Scream Free: http://www.screamfree.com/. Check it out. I would also suggest three immediate things you can start doing right now: 1) Every time you start to get angry, upset or frustrated, BREATHE - in through the nose and out through the mouth. Get oxygen flowing, and focus on the breathing to help calm down - keep breathing until you don't feel like yelling any more. Next, SAY what you are feeling - I'm MAD, I'm ANGRY, I'm FRUSTRATED! It's being proven more and more that actually just saying these emotion words helps you get control over them better. So acknowledge them by saying them. Third, take a mommy-time out. Tell the kids you are so angry or upset that you need to walk away. Go to your room or outside, calmly close the door and yell there. So breathe, say the words and take a time-out. Also suggest "Parenting from the Inside Out" by Dan Siegel/Mary Hartzell.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I have never heard of scream free parenting but I think I'll check it out--- for my spouse. ;) You can probably get it free from the library. I like to look up where I can get library books at: http://www.worldcat.org/, a free service that tells you which public library has a book you want. The book Scream Free Parenting by Hal Edward Runkel is only 1 mile from my house!
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2009