What was your moment of zen for the day?

Mine was bedtime. Looking in at my sleeping 3 year old princess and now watching my beautiful 3 month old blissfully sleeping in the very middle of my bed as I lay squished up on the side.

Sleep well my children. I love you more than there are stars in the sky. Forever.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:45 AM on Mar. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• When it was time to clock out at work and come home. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Getting the rare opportunity to plop my butt on the couch after dinner and watch my DVRed shows.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Aw, that's really sweet.

I guess mine was when my five-year-old asked me to marry her. She really did. I asked how we would go about doing that, and she said we should kiss each other, and then I should take her out to dinner, since she's my princess. So she gave me a big kiss, and we set up two chairs in the living room with a toy tote for a table, then had taquitos with ranch dressing, and ice water to drink. I kept thinking how someday, somebody would really ask her to marry him, and he better be worth it!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I have NOT had a zen day, and I will not have a zen month. This month I have 3 groups performing, grades are due, all 1800 of them. I have to have my observation. I have 2 sets of taxes to do. I have to help DS finish FAFSA. I was recruited to help with a huge school wide fair that lasts almost all day. And, my in-laws are visiting this weekend,
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:13 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Walking downstairs to a freshly brewed pot of coffee just sitting there waiting for me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:02 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• came in the question to temporarily borrow somone elses zen moment
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Having a great afternoon with my oldest. My youngest ended having a late nap & I let her sleep b/c it dawned on me that my oldest never really gets one on one time with me. We played games & talked, it was great.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Awe how sweet :) I'm still waiting for my little stinker to take a nap then my Zen will begin (maybe) LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:35 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I'm just waking up. No zen yet.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I had that kind of moment a little before noon today when I first got online. It was a moment I had with my four-year-old son.
    He & I had a nice physical & and emotional connection when he climbed up on my chair and stood behind me leaning over me, and I opted to be really present right then....just really SEE him and be open to who he is. Of course, I then felt connected to how truly wonderful he is, and how lucky I am to know & have him, and I had a strong response, just really FEELING my unconditional love for him, my acceptance of him exactly as he is. He was looking at me as I gazed at him through all this & something seemed to shift in him. He suddenly seemed to be full of a sense of well-being, just full of joy & seeming to FEEL loved/appreciated, and he leaned to kiss my cheek.

I had been reading an article about being present & accepting (that he was interrupting my reading of, lol) and I could have gotten irritated.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 5:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2013