If only those who are saved or who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior go to heaven....

What about Gandhi? He was one of the most influential peacemakers in history, on a higher moral plane than 95% of the world. What do Christians think happened to him when he died? Do you honestly think he went to Hell because he didnt accept Jesus Christ as his personal savior?

http://www.mkgandhi.org/

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i know what the Bible says & what i believe. but it isnt my place to say weither or not good ppl like Ghandi will get into Heaven or not. i could see how it might piss off some Christians if Ghandi was in Heaven seeing as he didn't believe Christ as God. but who am i to speak for God & say who is or isnt going to Heaven? my job is to make sure me & mine do what we think will get us to Heaven.

if it was up to me Ghandi would be in Heaven & the serial murder who accepted Jesus right before being capitaly punished would be in Hell...but i dont believe it works that way.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Nope, I think he went to a everlasting kegger!
    Anonymous

• its not about being a good person- its about accepting Christ. think of this. your having a party with your best friends.. but someone else wants to go whos never spent time to get to know you personally and accept you and was ashamed to admit that they were YOUR friend... but they are a good person and does good things. Does that person deserve to come to your party just because they are a good person??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i second the kegger idea
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I third the kegger!!!
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I wouldnt say that Gandhi was ashamed to accept Jesus Christ, he was born and raised a Hindu, to him that is the correct path to God.

And yes I think if Jesus was throwing this hypothetical party he would certainly accept anyone who was a good person, because from what I hear about Jesus, he was a pretty accepting person.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• krazyash023- Do you really think it has nothing to do with being a good person?
    Wiggles_GA

Answer by Wiggles_GA at 10:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yeah, it makes sense that a crack head or murderer would get into heaven over Ghandi or anyone else because they practice a certain religion. What happened to all the souls before Christ was born?
    Anonymous

• As a witch, I think he is an ascended master and could teach all of us some lessons about enlightenment and humility. And I'm sure he is drinking from the beer fountain--with the FSM--as we speak!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• No, i believe you should be a good person as well. But it says in the bible that you must be born again. So it has to do with that as well. =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2009