This is a really stupid question, but it's been a while lol

Ok, I'm a natural blond, but I've been dying my hair for almost 7 years, since I was like 13 or 14 because I hate being blond. Anyway, right now I have my hair black with dark red streaks, and about an inch of my blond is showing because I couldn't buy anymore hair dye. Now I have some that's for dark hair that's like a medium or light ash brown. My question is, do I put it on my roots or the rest of my hair first? It's been so long since I've actually had blond roots showing when I dye my hair that I don't know which way to do it. Thanks!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• roots down
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 10:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I am going to warn you first before you do anything else... Color wont lift color... If you want go light you are going to have to bleach that dark out. The medium ash isnt going to lift that out... All you really have to do is go to sally's or whatever beauty supply store you have and buy a packet of bleach and developer to go with it and some gloves... mix the bleach to a good consistancy and apply to wet hair with shampoo.... keep rubbing around the shampoo until you get it to around the same color as what else you bought.... then rinse and shampoo and apply the other color... I am a stylist BTW... I knew a girl in cosmetology that wanted to die her hair red after dying it black and having a bout 2 inches of regrowth, she looked hilarious with red roots and black everwhere else.
    Anonymous

• I don't want my hair light, I just want it a little lighter, and if I remember correctly, this will make it a medium to dark brown, which is what I want, while I decide if I want to go black again.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009