am i doing something wrong?

my baby's father has just recently been in her life (she is 7 months old). my family and i were visiting an old church we used to go to and i put her in the nursery bc she was too talkative during church. well i didnt know those ppl neither did she obviously. i didnt even get to say bye to her. she was crying and crying. and i culd hear her from the auditorium but i thought if it was bad enough someone wuld come and get me. finally i was liek ugh so i went back there and they were like oh thank god heres mommy! i was thinkin well!! why didnt you come get me!? and keep in mind this was also her naptime so she was extra fussy. so i was upset that they didnt come get me. i mean this isnt daycare ya kno. its church!! so i told her father this and he was liek you baby her too much. you need to let other ppl hold her and take care of her and do things.shes way too attached to you. i was liek she LOVES other people. cont'd...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he was like well if shes gonna be around my family you arent gonna be holding her constantly and taking her away if she cries. i was liek i dont do that!! if she is sleepy and crying hard bc shes scared then i will take her. she still has to warm up to you guys. i mean i did not appreciate that he told me i baby her too much! i dont. he hasnt been around for her to be comfortable with them. she loves everyone in my family and is great with them and everything.

question is...would you be mad if someone told you that you are babying them too much? when you KNOW you are just doing whats best for them? and..

would you be upset if the ppl in the nursery at church didnt come to get you when your baby is screaming bloody murder (i am tryin to gradually get her used to the nursery at church)??
    Anonymous

• and another thing....i do NOT like daycares. she wont ever be in one of those and he thinks that sooo stupid and that she should. she can have playdates with other children but i dont want to put her in daycare. i am staying home. and another thing..i truly believe that babies up until they are 6 motnhs old should get all the attention they need. she is 7 months old and i dont constantly do that. i know when she needs to be fed or changed or somethign is wrong and i will attend to her. but i dont tend to her every need constantly.
    Anonymous

• She is a baby...that's what you are supposed to do with them. Tell her father to shove it.....sicne he hasn't been around...he doesn't get a say.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• oops.. i meant *since*.... not sicne.
    momjoy1027

• Well, I don't agree on all your points but I agree your daughters father is being harsh. Babies want to be close to their mother, its natural. But as far as daycare goes, my son has been in a daycare center from 3 months and he loves it and so do I I work fulltime and its such a comfort to know that they take excellent care of him and they love him a ton. It depends on the center. I used to have the same opinion but it all depends.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yeah your right...it really does all depend. i think if it came down to it and i had to put my kids in daycare then i would have to do a lot of research bc its not just gonna be any daycare.
    Anonymous

• we have a child check in center computer, a nametag prints out for them, i work in the infant room and if a baby cries for more than 10 mins of us trying to console them or distract them we call the parent, (the number that prints out pops up in red and white at the top left hand corner of the projection screens in the sanctuary)

also you have to remember she is right at the seperation anxiety stage as far as babying her she's a baby!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yes! see our church that we normally go to are very very good at all this and i trust them with leaving her with them. we have pagers so if they cry for too long after tryin to console them they will page us. i liek that!! haha...

i know shes right at the stage of seperation anxiety thats why im tryin to get her OUT of that stage as best as i can. what i doing somethign wrong??
    Anonymous

• Tell baby daddy he needs to man up and realize that he's a parent now, and parents ya know...form bonds with their kids, not stick them in a room to cry alone.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• You are 100% right. HE is 100% wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:40 AM on Feb. 16, 2009