Please help me (Long)

My daughter is 7 1/2 months old. She's teething and I'mhaving a really hard time. The past few months I have been very bitchy to my boyfriend. I enoy being a mother sometimes. There are better days than others. All I want to do is shop and eat. I don't know what is wrong with me. i have no insurance to go see soemone. Can you help me?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 10:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds to me like you might have PPD. If you eat healthy and get more exercise, even if its just going for a walk every day, you will probably feel much better. Exercise releases the "feel good" endorphins and it really works. It sucks not being able to go to the doctor. I've been there. Hope you feel better!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. I was diagnosed with PPD 6 weeks after my son was born. I was put on Zoloft and my boyfriend said I was like a different person. Try to get outside...take advantage of the sunshine when you can...take a break and treat yourself once in awhile but don't go overboard or it could cause more trouble. Have you tried applying for medicaid or anything so you can see someone?
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• can I PPd even though my dauighter is hs old7 mts old isn;t it 4 pople whos little ones are 1-2 mont
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 10:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• No, PPD can last for years. The first week and a half my mother and sister were here to help me, but after they left I think I went through some PPD. I would cry every time dh left for work. I was also super sleep deprived and surely that escalated the situation. Once dd started sleeping through the night, things got a lot better. Just because your baby is 7 months doesn't mean you're not having PPD. Take care, I hope all gets better for you soon.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• does a dr have to see you to give you med....like the obgyn thzat delivered my daughter?
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 10:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I found out I had PPD when my daughter was a little over a month old. I kind of suspected it all along...my Dr. put me on Lexapro, and let me just tell you, its a life saver! I really believe it kept me from going insane! If you don't get help now, PPD could turn into Postpartum Psychosis which could be extremely life threatening to your and your baby!!!! So, please go to a Dr. Most Drs will work out some type of payment plan, or you could even try a free clinic. You'll have to have a prescription for the meds, or if they're like my Dr. they will give you free samples. I see my OB/GYN every month, and he gives me 4 sample packs with 8 pills in each, that way I don't have to pay for the prescription! If I were you I would see your OB/GYN, they are someone who would know you best, and know what signs to look for!!! HTH. You are more than welcome to pm me if you'd like to talk anytime!!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 10:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i feel the exact same way you do. my daughter is 8 months old and teething badly. she doesnt sleep therefore i dont sleep. im a complete bitch to my boyfriend and i don't mean to be it just happens. all i want to do is eat and im trying to lose weight so it's not working out. the only thing that keeps me sane is i take a bath everynight after i lay my daughter down at night. i get to just lay in there and relax. try it and if you need to talk, message me :)
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I think you need to find something for YOU! Tell your BF that you need some ME time! Go shopping!!!! I was feeling the same way, and i sat my husband down and told him. i love being mom and being home with her, but i still need me time even if it is for just 5 mins a day! and since he has been great. he comes home from work and plays with her so i can read or do whatever i want, then at night after dinner he does it again. I have been so much happier! like i said even if it is for 5mins make him do something so you can pee in piece or something! LOL Good luck. but if you are having bad thoughts i would deff call your OB/GYN and ask to be seen about PPD
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009