My husband is a cheater.

So my husband almost got kicked in the balls yesterday for telling me that I don't do "THAT much" in the morning. We were 15 vital minutes late getting out of the house yesterday and I was irritated so I asked him for more help in the mornings. He smugly agreed. We both got up at 6 this morning (he usually sleeps an extra few minutes)  and by the time I was done with my 15-20 minute shower/bathroom routine he had our son up and dressed eating breakfast, son's lunch packed, and was in the bedroom making the bed. Hmm. I was mildly impressed, until I walked into the kitchen and noticed 1.) Son's lunch was made, but not packed. Apples were sliced, but not peeled. Sandwich was made but not cut or put into it's container with the ice pack. 2.) Son was dressed but not buttoned up (meaning son dressed him self with no help lol). And 3.) Dishes from making breakfast/lunch were still dirty in the sink.

So, basically my husband is a CHEATER! Lol. Now I am not complaining, I really appreciate his help, but I find it funny that he was so certain that it shouldn't take THAT much time in the morning, and to show off he cuts all these corners to get the job done lol. Is there anything your husband thinks he can do better than mom can?

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Dusting
    When he "helps" clean the house,I find a bunch of areas he skipped or missed
    But you can't say anything or they get discouraged and pout

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Right!?
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• My DH is confident in the things he deals with around the house, mainly home improvement, DIY type things. He has the utmost respect for Mommy territory, though. Not that he doesn't help out, he does, he just knows I do it better. LOL!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• any little help I would be happy with lol. I am glad he is trying
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Ohhh... he's playing you!!! See, if they do the job but don't do it right then they know we'll think "oh forget it, I'll do next time it since he can't do it right!" Thay are all the same!!! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Mine is a much better cook, but I'm better at laundry. When it comes to running this household, he knows I'm irreplaceable! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Hahaha ILovemyPaulie I think you may be on to something LOL!!
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Dinner. When he "takes care of dinner" he orders a pizza, or at the very most browns some hamburger and dumps in a jar of spaghetti sauce. Fine, if all you ever want is pizza or spaghetti, and once the dishwasher is full and through running, you stack up the bowls and plates instead of emptying a and reloading it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• LOL Ballad my husband's favorite excuse for not doing the dishes is "the dish drainer was full".
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• My DH doesn't even try any more. And rarely complains about how I do it. Or how long it takes.  My DH does try to say once in a while how long it takes me to get ready to go some were.  I just tell him. "Because I take a shower and you don't."  I tell him too. "You should be glad I do not wear make up."

Answer by louise2 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2013