Unlikeable looks

I was just told by who I thought was my BFF she has never felt able to form a connection with my son because she can't get past his red hair and freckles. I always loved his little red curls and freckles but could they be hurting people's ability to like him? :(

Are there things about the way another person looks that instantly turns you off from them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• Ear hair. I can't focus when there's cotton growing out of your ears,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• your bff has issues then.

I am attracted to certain look of people if I am interested in dating or crush but someone doesn't need to have a certain look to them for me to friendly or friends with them.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Aww that's just sad! Red hair and freckles are adorable. And I think I'd definitely reconsider a BFF who is so shallow that a child's looks determine how much she likes him and on top of that has the audacity to say it aloud to you!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Gross teeth. That's not to say I can't get passed it though. We have a couple of family members who need some dental work, but that doesn't make me like them any less, or value them less as a person. I think what your supposed friend said, is inexcusable!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• i cant say that there is anything looks-wise that can turn me off to liking a child. being a bratty snob might annoy the hell out of me but other than that a child is a child.

when it comes to dating someone then yes of course i have personal preferences, but thats not the same thing as what your friend is doing. she is being a total ass.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• That's just ridiculous! I don't care if you don't particularly like red hair and freckles (I have both and would rather not have them), to use that to not like them is horrible! She sounds very shallow and very stupid...I'd be dumping her as a BFF, that's for sure.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• That's truly horrifying what your friend said. To be so shallow is one thing, to admit to it aloud is quite another.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• What a bitch.
    She doesn't have to marry him?????
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2013