A question about the gmail app for Android phones

I have changed my email address. Is there a way to completely remove the other account from my gmail app?

DonnaNoble

Asked by DonnaNoble at 12:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Technology

• Yes. But don't ask me how. I know the easiest way to do it is the restore the phone to factory settings but you will lose everything else too lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Just looking through my phone, if you open Gmail, click the menu button, and click "accounts" you can add a new account. After you add a new one you should be able to delete the other. As far as the address being linked to Google Play or MediaHub you might want to keep it since you'll lose all your downloads since it's under that address.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I added the account with no problem, but I can't figure out how too delete the old one. Thanks, though.
    DonnaNoble

Comment by DonnaNoble (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I have to do that and I can't remember exactly what I did. I think I went to the gmail account that I didn't want to feed to my phone and changed the settings.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2013