Have you noticed a distinct change in weather over the past few years where you live?

I have. It seems like a very quick change too. More strong winds all year especially. More wet too. Have you noticed a distinct climate change by you?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I have. The past couple of years our summers are hotter and dryer. Not by much, but enough to be noticeable.

When I was a kid I don't ever remember temperatures getting into the high 80's or 90's. The past couple of years we've had about a week of 90-100 degree weather, as well as a week or two of 80-90. That's uncommonly hot for Seattle. We tend to stay in the 70-80 range for summer.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Not necessarily the last couple of years, but I know we get much less snow here than we did thirty years ago when I was growing up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Yes. Ever since 2008,we've had rainfalls of 3-6 inches within days in the summers,resulting in flooding.
    Our summers usually will give us a week in the 90's. Last summer,it was over 90 for almost a month straight. We went a week where the temp never dropped below 85 overnight
    This is WISCONSIN,not FLORIDA!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Not really. I think it was 2010 we had a summer (June - August) where it was cloudy and misty almost every day for most of the day and the temperature never rose about 70. But it warmed up later that year September-November. We haven't had a summer like that since though. Our "winter storms" aren't stronger than usual. We still never get more than maybe 2 inches of rain a year lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• yes.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• YES!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I'm on the CT coast so heck yeah there has been a huge noticeable change in the weather.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2013