Baby food?

Alright another question.

Making baby food...
Do any of you do it?
If so, is there a book or website I should read ASAP. I love veggies and hate processed food and finally have a food processor and thought it might be a good idea to make the little one baby food..

Is there a way I should store it, what foods have to be cooked, etc. I'm a newby.

I've seen a lot of different storage cups, pouches etc. what works best?

swaney06

Asked by swaney06 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just took whatever veggies/fruits we were having for that meal and mashed it with my fork. It's really not hard - just steam veggies/fruits until soft then mash.
    I know some people make a whole bunch at one time, but then you're cooking, freezing, reheating - the more you cook something, the less nutrition it has.

Answer by missanc at 1:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• True I didn't think about it losing nutritnal value while reheating and stuff.. Thanks so much.
    swaney06

Comment by swaney06 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• He ate what we ate. If we had peas with dinner, he got peas. If we had potato, he got potato. My husband had about a three-vegetable repertoire at the time!

Google baby led solids. No purees or food processing needed.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2013