Does anyone get anxiety when they are in the car?

Ever since i got pregnant and had my DD i get anxiety in the car. only when others drive. It irritates my DH bc i freak out over things. like if i think he isnt paying attention and goes off the road. i freak out!
Has anyone experienced this? or am i going crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, but it drives me crazy when he does something else while he's driving. Thankfully I haven't been in the same car with him in a while.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• YES, I only like when I drive. I feel like he can't "handle" it.... hahaha Even though he is an EMT and drives an ambulance for a living!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I do this. I'm not as bad as I used to be but...yeah i do this. It used to get on Dh's nerves...I'm sure it still does some...but mostly he just teases me for it.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yes!! I have been in 3 major accidents with someone else was driving. I am a wreck w/ someone else behind the wheel that my family laugh at me. I will volunteer to drive even as far as 4-7hrs away
    or try to sleep when not driving. My daughter is now driving and I am the primary adult she drives w/ because my husband works. but life goes on and my family is good about it. I am getting alot better though and let my husband drive every now and than :) oh and if the driver was going off the road I think any one would freak out!!
    teachermomof5

Answer by teachermomof5 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I'm horrible at this. lol I always was and since my son was born its 100 times worse. I drive EVERYWHERE I go unless my dad does and he was a professional truck driver for 30 years so I trust him. DH tends to go too fast, follow too closely and stop to short. lol I hate riding with other people
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes, I get anxiety in the car too since my daughter was born 2 years ago. Most likely because I wouldn't ever want anything to happen. My husband is a cop and is in a car off and on 12 hrs straight.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I was injured in a bad accident. I was not driving so I was not in control. I broke my neck and a whole lot more bones. After I was able to walk again, when I got in the car, I go nuts over just about anything. My DH is getting senile and he sometimes forgets where we are going and that makes me nuts. It is what causes paranoia. I just shut my eyes and try to go to sleep, but I can't because I have to watch where he is going. It will soon go away. You are probably just scared for your baby, and I don't blame you at all. Take deep breaths when you feel that gut wrenching feeling and it will get better. Good luck and God Bless. Vicki
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I do get anxiety in the car when other people drive (I do better with my husband than some people but even he makes me anxious sometimes). I get car sick, so that makes it to where I really prefer to be driving if at all possible. I ALWAYS offer to drive when I am doing something with friends. Maybe part of it is being a control freak, but I really just don't like being a passenger, especially not in the back seat. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• yes i get so much anxiety over, anyone else driving, they are checking, thier make up, looking for stuff in thier purse, looking for cds, grrrrrrrrrrrr, i'm like, oh my, oh my, oh my, the whole time, and freaking out, they tail gate the other person, weave in and out of traffic, with out signaling, hubby likes to tail gate, alot, he has gotten better, but i hate to go anywhere, with him when he drives, i make excuses to not go with him, just stay home,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• oh,thats my burden in life.ever since i had my son 5 years ago,i get terrible anxiety in the car.all of a sudden there are so many bad drivers on the road.i use public transport to get to work and i'd be freaking out about how fast the driver is going and everyone else woild be looking calm[i live in south africa,the main form of public transport are minibus taxis that you share with up to 18 people depending on the make of the car]i really think motherhood has made me paranoid.but i cant help it.
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 16, 2009