Please hlep

My daughter is 7 1/2 months old. She's teething and I'mhaving a really hard time. The past few months I have been very bitchy to my boyfriend. I enoy being a mother sometimes. There are better days than others. All I want to do is shop and eat. I don't know what is wrong with me. i have no insurance to go see soemone. Can you help me?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 10:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• TYLONAL FOR HER AND TEETHING TABLES THEY ARE GOOD FOR TEETH AND SOMETHING COLD FOR HER TO SUCK ON
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Have you considered looking for a parenting coach? Some work on a sliding scale and the one's I've seen are just a phone call away. Check out http://www.parentcoachinginstitute.com/findcoach/regions/southcarolina.htm. If you're a reader, I recommend going to the library and checking out some different books about parenting (not just discipline). One of my favorites is Parenting from the Inside Out by Dan Siegel and Mary Hartzell. Sometimes, you have to learn how to look inside yourself before you can figure out what's going on and how to change it. Good luck!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• You need to talk with your daughter's pediatricians office sooner than later. They can answer questions for free. You need to have Post Partum Depression ruled out or possible ruled in? It sounds to me like you have it, maybe mild, but could get worse. Try googling a womens crisis center so you can talk with somebody. Confide in your husband about this. You are going to need his support.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Sounds like possible postpartum depression or maybe just that you need some time for you. There are free clinics to help with counseling and medication if you need it.

Give the baby some Tylenol to decrease the pain. I don't like using Ambisol as it doesn't last long so I just give Tylenol. Even if my baby is fussy or isn't able to calm down when it's his bedtime a little Tylenol helps that too.

Whatever you do don't ignore the feelings you are having. I suffer from depression but fortunately I don't have to be on medication. It's situational for me right now so it comes and goes. I find that if I treat myself to something I feel better but sometimes it isn't that easy. Take care of you so you can be there for your baby. You sound like you are burned out and just need some time for YOU. I would say let your boyfriend take the baby for the day and you take off and go shopping. Then see if you feel better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 16, 2009

• ...but please, as I said in my previous post, don't put it off. Don't ignore the feelings. You can always call 1-800-4-A-CHILD like I do sometimes when I am feeling stressed. They have resources to give you in your area.

Good luck to you. It's not easy being a mom sometimes. I know I struggle a lot with being a bitch but am working on taking care of me and it helps sometimes.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Feb. 16, 2009