Twins!!

Okay ladies so now this is very confusing and fustrating! Last week i had an ultrasound at the hospital since i was there overnight and the tech told me babies weighed both 5lbs now today at my clinic the stupid techs there who are young and look dumb said one baby was almost 4lbs and the other was almost 6lbs thats absolutley stupid really!!! wgo would be more accurate? i dont know what to think (p.s at the clinic they always seem to struggle measuring my twins and the hospital never does)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• At 32 weeks my ob said she REALLY hoped that my twins would reach 5 lbs before week 38 and didn't sound hopeful at all. They weighed in at 7lb 8oz and 7lb 9 oz when they were born (38 weeks). Ultrasounds are simply estimations of weight based on images. They can be accurate or way off. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:12 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Neither tech is accurate. Ultrasounds are just a guess. The day before I had my son they did an ultrasound and said it was no more then 7lbs. Less then 24 hours later I actually delivered him and he was 8lbs
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I agree with Lost. They aren't accurate. My daughter was suppose to be over 6 lbs and was only 4
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 4:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• This would probably be a question best asked of your OB.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• The weights are approximations, not to be taken as fact. What really matters if they are healthy and developing properly. Twins usually aren't very big babies, so the higher estimation may not be as accurate. How far along are you? My brother and sister are twins and weighed 6lbs 7oz and 6 lbs at birth. They were on the heavier side for twins.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• You never know. My stepson's mom was induced because she had dgestational iabetes, and they guessed her baby would be almost ten pounds. He was only seven pounds, and the labor was really rough.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Really it's just guess work. One might be more conservative than the other. Either way congratulations. I had twins that were born weighing 3.5 lbs.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• They were born at 31 weeks, but healthy. They stayed in the NICU for a month but with very little support after the first week. They just needed to grow a little. I brought them home at barely 4 lbs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Im 36 weeks and should be delivering at 37
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• They told me my oldest would be at least 8 pounds. She was 6 lbs 11 oz you won't know until they come out.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2013