Did your mom not know who your daddy was?

There's going to be a whole generation with this issue.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I have nothing nice to say, so I won't say anything.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• You know I don't think it would be so bad if girls KNEW what a PERIOD meant in terms of pregnancy, and well someone taught them the basics of sexual education and protection. Do they NOT have the class where you put a condom on a banana or cucumber anymore?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• i know who my dad is. my parents are still married & there is no denying that he's my dad.

while i have more than one "baby daddy"- i know who the fathers of my kids are paternity wise. however my oldest's bio dad's absense in her life has nothing to do with me. she won't know him because mommy was a whore that slept with every tom dick and harry in town, but because he lacks the capacity as a human being to be a real man.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Something else to consider - it may not be that not knowing is more common now so much that it's less stigma to admit. There were probably plenty of people who grew up hearing that their father had run off or died or whatever, when the truth is the mother was just making up a character. Or, they're told the man who raised them is their father, when the truth is they were already in the oven before mom and "dad" met.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I know my dad! growing up I can't think of one friend who did not know who their father was- even if their parents were not together.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I know my dad and my husband is the father of our child. I do have a friend that is a phlebotomist and makes $80,000 a year doing paternity tests. She only works 4 days a month.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• PGA, now you have me curious as to what you want to say.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• You know I don't think it would be so bad if girls KNEW what a PERIOD meant in terms of pregnancy,

Knowing and caring are two different things. We had comprehensive sex ed through school from 5th to high school. Not a single knocked up girl in my class was kept out of those classes by their parents.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• no...we know my dad. my parents are still married
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• No, mine knew. She was married to him. As I was married to my ex husband, the father of my children.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2013