For those that work- what do you do for childcare during Spring Break?

Spring Break is coming up and to be honest I am not sure what I am going to do. Most of the time his breaks happen to fall on my husband's off week but this falls on his work week. We do have a Boys and Girls Club but my husband does not like for him to go there. We have two daycares that accept school age kids but they are just mixed in with the pre-k kids and really don't have much for them to do.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• what do you do with him during the day when it's not spring break? just asking because if you're already taking him to daycare, it should be open during spring break.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• He goes to school....

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• You mean you don't take them to Cabo to do tequila shots off of a Latino transsexual?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Crafty, I work at a school too but because of the program that I am in, I work year round. Next school, I am hoping to land a parapro job and I can not wait to be off when my son is off!

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I'm lucky.... I work in a school so I'm off too. I do watch my kids friends during vacations, for a few days, to help their mom's out.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• okay- so your work hours coincide with his school hours then. gotcha. (sorry im only half here) is there a neighbor or trusted friend that could watch him?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• PGA, I must be doing my parenting completely wrong, lol.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Sorry... I deleted & re-posted that b/c it didn't even make sense to me! LOL

Can you find a few friends they could "visit" that week??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I either take off or send my son to one of the spring break camps the county Parks and Rec offers.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• tnm, for the most part my hours are the same as his but on certain days I do have to work over. On those days he attends after school care. They do not have after school care when the school is closed. Most of my neighbors work, but I did just meet a mom a few weeks ago who has two boys and my son and her sons have been playing together. He is with them at church right now. I have thought about asking her but I am not sure how to approach the situation (if I even should). She has a lot on her plate as it is. Other than that, no.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2013