What can I do with the rest of this pork loin?

I got a giant pork loin and now I'm left with half of it to cook for tonight. It's very TOUGH... I didn't overcook it last time, it was still very juicy - but the meat was very hard to chew still.

It's not a tenderloin.. I don't know what to do with this giant beastly piece of pork!

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 8:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Chili Verde with Pork

2-3 lbs pork roast
    2 tablespoons cooking oil
    1 large chopped onion (not traditional) (optional)
    1 head minced garlic (taste great and helps prevent heartburn)
    6 tablespoons masa flour
    1 (14-1-2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
    2 cups diced green chilies
    5 cups water or chicken broth
    2 tablespoons ground cumin
    2 tablespoons ground chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt

Cut pork into bite sized pieces, brown in a large pot.

Mash 1/2 of the green chilies until smooth.

Remove meat from pot. Heat oil. Add onions and garlic; sauté until tender but not brown.

Stir masa flour into the onion, garlic and oil until flour absorbs oil. Add chicken broth, cook and stir till mixture comes to boil ad thickens.

Add cubed meat, drained tomatoes, and all of the green chilies. Add spices to taste. Cook, stirrring occasionally, for at least an ho
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Pulled pork sandwiches. Maybe slow cooking it in some BBQ sauce will make it less tough.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Throw it in the crockpot.

Simple simple. I use a blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and seasoning salt as my "house" blend. Rubbed it all into a pork butt roast, poured 2 Cups of chicken broth in the crock-pot and cooked on low for 5 hours, until I could pull it apart. My crock-pot cooks fast, so I have to use less time than the normal 7-8 hours or else it will be dry.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• If you want to eat it tonight, then the crock pot and slow cooking are out. I suggest making red porkchops.

Slice the meat in one inch thick steaks, salt and pepper both sides. Put in baking pan then sprinkle with brown sugar, not much just a bit. Then put a squirt of stone ground mustard on each chop and spread it around. Cover with a can of crushed tomatoes and sprinkle a bit of celery seed on the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-70 minutes. Check for the chops to kinda fall apart when you poke them with a fork. I usually cover them with foil for the first 30 minutes and then take the foil off.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I googled and found some conflicting answers. One said to marinate in buttermilk - that acid marinades don't help, another said to marinate in Italian dressing, which is contrary to what the other said. http://www.ehow.com/how_7174120_salvage-tough-roast.html had some directions.  I'd say to cook it in a crockpot with onions for 6-9 hours on low, pour off the liquid, take the meat out of the crockpot and remove any fat, shred the meat, put it back in the crockpot and heat well with barbecue sauce.

Answer by Bmat at 8:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Grind up the pork in a food processor and add barbeque sauce and cheddar cheese. Create an empanada dough and roll it in a large circle and cut out circles with a biscuit cutter. Fill the dough circles and close in half and crimp the edges. Bake at 350F for 15-20 or until golden brown. Serve with salsa or more barbeque sauce.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Soup!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Chili verde pork stew
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2013