Would I need a diploma or degree just to help out in school?

Like help read or write something simple nothing too much where I would need some kind of diploma or degree.

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Would NOT need...

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Like volunteering at your child's school? You probably don't need a degree, but will probably have to pass a background check.

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• To volunteer you would need to pass a background check. If ou wanted to apply for a paid position with the school I would imagine they would require a diploma or equivalency (GED).

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I am a volunteer coordinator for an elementary school. Some of my volunteers that work with academic things are required to have a degree (or at least the ability to do the work). Most of my volunteers only have a HS diploma and they prefer to work on other things that are not about academics. Other requirements include a background check, orientation, and a Child Abuse class. You would need to contact your child's school to find out their volunteer requirements. 

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• It depends on what you want to do, and whether you're talking about getting paid or not. Check with the school where you wish to work.

Answer by Ballad at 9:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Just to volunteer shouldnt need anything

Answer by king04 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2013