my son freaks out at the doctor!

my son used to be really good at the doctor's office.. but just recently i took him for his 2yr check up and as soon as the nurse walked in the room he started screaming. he wouldn't sit still for her to check his weight, height, NOTHING! why is he acting like this all of a sudden?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 10:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe he remember's the shots lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My son acts the same way. I don't think she has really ever been able to really check him. (He has always been this way). The other day I scheduled him a dental appointment, thinking maybe he had grown and would be more cooperative, but unfortunately I was wrong. I'm not sure what t do either. I am thinking that it is just their age and as soon as they start to understand a little more things will change. Good luck, and just know you are not alone lol.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• this is a phase. When I worked as a nurse for a pedi the visits don't get easier until they are about 3. Just hang in there momma it will get better. He is probably remembering bad stuff from previous visits.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My older kids got vaccines and were the same way. He probably equates the doctor's office with pain. My youngest ins't vaxed and my second youngest hasn't been vaxed since he was old enough to remember. They have no fear and love the doctor. No that is NOT the reason they aren't vaxed, just something I happened to notice.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 16, 2009