What has your child tried to tell you that he/she was going to do?

Tonight, my son got home from church and he came in, turned the tv on, and proceeded to tell me that he was going to watch such and such show and there was nothing that I could do to stop him. Ha, he was so wrong. I told him to march his butt into the bathroom, take a shower, and get to bed. No tv at all for tonight for talking to me that way. They always talk about the terrible twos, but never about the back talking 8's!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• Our boys know better than to tell us that they're doing anything. If they slip up and don't ask, they know they will lose something for a certain amount of time. IMO that's the problem with most of the kids we know. They all have this sense of entitlement attitude, and it's sad because it's mostly the parents fault.

I totally agree with how you handled that!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• MrsLeftLane, I really don't know what has gotten into him. His attitude has really changed the past month or so. He knows better than to say that. I do know that he did want to watch a certain show tonight and I told him had he of come home and asked me or at least told me, I want to watch this and then I will take a bath, I would have been fine with that. But the whole "there's nothing you can do about it" crossed the line completely. 

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I agree with how you handled it, too. My daughter doesn't get anything at all when she makes snippy demands like that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• My 7 year old has looked my husband in the eye and said "I am going to kick you!" when he was mad. Definitely not a good move on his part.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Testing out smart acre attitudes seems to happen occasionally at all ages. lol. I see many similarities between my 13yo and my 3yo. Scary sometimes! What can you but unplug the tv and/or wifi and let them know who is really in charge? ;0)

tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• Just wait until he hits 13
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• DS thought it would be funny to tell me no when I told him to clean his room last night. He didn't think it was funny for very long.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• My daughter has yeled at me,"I'm gonna hit you someday!" I guess the "someday" makes it safer for her to say. I've just told her hitting isn't good, mad or not, and that she'll know that by the time she gets big enough to hit me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• LOL....it's funny that you said that because DH and I were just talking yesterday how blessed we were that DD skipped right over the terrible 2's, but she definitely didn't miss the sassy 7's!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2013

• He told me we were going to fly to Denver on an airplane tomorrow with the dollar that the tooth fairy left him.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2013