Severe sharp pain's above belly button to the left 35 weeks pregnant

I've had this pain off and on for the last couple months sense i was around 6 months pregnant lately its became more constant and a lot more painful. It used to go away after i slept but now im waking up with the same pain its gotten so bad that it just hurts to the touch or to move my top against it has any one else experienced this or no what this could be ? i have read that its normal to get pain from muscle separation but I'm starting to get worried with how much pain i am in

luvstar

Asked by luvstar at 11:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What has your OB said about it?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:03 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• my midwife just said to watch it she didn't seem concerned but that was also when i was about 6 month pregnant i haven't seen her sense its started back up
    luvstar

Comment by luvstar (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• she also thought it could have been from straining my self because it was just after i got done moving
    luvstar

Comment by luvstar (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• It might be time to contact her again. Ligament pain is fairly normal, but that doesn't sound like what you are going through.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:08 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• is it a sharp stabbing sort of pain? could be gallbladder attack.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:24 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• Definitely talk to your doc or midwife again just to be sure. But I've been getting all kinds of weird aches and pains (some so intense that it wakes me from a deep sleep). Sometimes I'm told it's just ligament pain, sometimes it's braxton-hicks, and sometimes they say it's gas. The gas pains surprised me since they literally felt like the baby had a knife and was trying to hack his way out. I'm 34 weeks now and over the last few days I've also been getting a really sharp localized pains above and to the right of my belly button (or left if you are looking at me) that lasts about 10 minutes and then subsides to a dull ache. I think it's just something to do with the little guy stretching and growing. My only advice: drink lots and lots of water, get lots of fiber and move/walk around when you feel that. Good luck!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2013